Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Lena!!! 5/17/2011

We celebrated Lena's birthday while a lot of family was in town for Todd's graduation, and her party was awesome!













I did a polka dot theme for her party, and Todd was kind enough to get helium in the balloons the morning of the party. You can also see my new painting that my mom and dad gave me for Christmas this year. It is "The Gleaners" from T. Harwood, and I love this painting because it hangs next to the bride's room in the Mesa Temple where I served as a temple worker up until the time Lena was born.

I know, I know, these people don't look like they are having very much fun. But we really did! It's just that they are all concentrating on eating their cake, very somber and in their own solitude.












Lena wasn't sure what to think about her cake at first. I had imagined how I wanted her cakes to look like ever since she was born (lame, I know). Yes, both cakes are homemade, mainly by me, although my mom did have to help me frost them as I was in a time crunch the morning of the party. I bought the pink candle in Utah on clearance at Christmastime. I found this AMAZING cake decorating supply store in Phoenix, where I found the polka dots and the cake tins/supplies. I am excited about that find!































I hope the video works...Lena took her first steps on her own after most everyone had left the party. Grandpa and Grandma Bracken and Uncle Matthew were still with us, so they got to witness the fun event! We had a lot of fun with the Bracken's and Campagnas in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment