Sunday, September 12, 2010

And finally...the star: Lena Lou!

Ok, here are a smattering of pictures of my cute little lovebug, Lena Lou! The pictures of Lena in this dress were taken today (Sept 12) after church. I wore this dress when I was a baby, and Lena looks a lot like me when I was a baby when she is in this outfit.

Lena and I started taking a baby sign-language class together on Friday mornings at a community center. We have learned the signs for milk, bird, drink, Lena's name spelled out, diaper, banana, and water! Among other vocabulary words. The others in the class thought my little sunflower was the cutest, and I have to agree!




This is a picture of another Jill, there are two of us Jill's at work. I actually trained her when she started out as a new nurse last year. I like to call her dreadlock-Jill :) Anyway, this was Lena's first time to the park. We met Jill and her dog there, and had a great time.




Here is my sweet munchkin learning how to hold her head up and also roll over!





Daddy holding Lena after three hours of church






Lena wearing an outfit her Dutch friends sent her in the mail. So cute!




Lena was born breech and had been breech since about 31 weeks. It is now routine to do hip-ultrasounds to make sure the hip ball and socket are developing correctly and that she doesn't have a dislocation. She had one at 7 weeks and then again at 3 months. I was worried she wouldn't sit still for the technician at the 3 month appointment, but Lena did very well and the tech said she was the best baby she'd had in a long time! And to make it even sweeter, Lena rolled over for the first time right there on the gurney before we started the test, from her back to her stomach! Todd and I were amazed. Everything turned out ok, and her hips are developing just fine. Thank goodness!




















4 comments:

  1. Jill, she is SO cute!! I LOVE the picture with the flower on her head.

    I didn't know she was born breech! That's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable Jill, she resembles you sooo very much. Can't wait to find out what kind of personality she has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena is so PRECIOUS! I love her so much! I love her little outfits and her all dolled up! I feel very blessed that I get to watch her! She brings an amazing spirit with her. Not that we don't have the spirit here already haha, but she is just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete